Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Notation of Non-Dance Movement

Submitted by Bradley Roquette – May 30, 2003

I have been reading the discussions on Labanotation on the DNB website and am very interested in various forms of movement notation.

I am a third year architecture student and am researching for my dissertation on music and architecture. I have been looking at forms of notation in both these fields and how their relevance has been shifted with the development of new technologies. I am trying to find out if there have been any uses for Labanotation outside of dance, or projects that have involved similar forms of notation for describing day to day ritual movements as well as that of performativity.

Does anyone perhaps know a particular form of notation that would best describe someone moving through a house for example? Otherwise where could I find out more about this subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment